Is a photo worth a thousand words?
When taking photos in a senior living community, consider whether or not the photos are serving your needs in best running your community for the benefit of your residents.
Health and Human Services vehicle selection
Many health and human service providers offer transportation services for the people served by their program.
Written contracts can help protect your company
Even when there’s a long-standing relationship with the other party, a handshake isn’t enough.
Administration and Policies
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Senior adult safety tips
- Elopement prevention
- Family-placed cameras in senior living
- Is a photo worth a thousand words?
- The puzzle of CPR in senior living
- Water management program for senior centers
- Mechanical lift sling checklist
- Mechanical lift checklist
- Hot work at senior living facilities
- Safety measures against scalding and thermal shock
- Protect your business against cyber attacks
- Cyber liability
- Reputation management – What have you got to lose?
- Crisis management
- Reasonable care: What is it and why should you care?
- The Importance of Conducting Criminal Background Checks
- Addressing the risk of active shooter incidents in the workplace
- Identifying Unsafe Senior Drivers Within Senior Living Communities
- Commercial grade chairs
- Setting realistic expectations in senior living communities
- Alcohol abuse among senior living residents
- Managing family relationships in senior living communities
- Care plan conferences play an important role in risk management
- Swimming pools: Avoid dangerous waters
- Memory care: Setting realistic expectations
- Dementia care risk management
Contractual Risk Transfer
- Limit your liability exposure with contractual risk transfer
- Risk transfer basics for human services and senior living
- Risk transfer for human services and senior living
- Risk transfer setup guide for human services and senior living
- Written contracts can help protect your company
Slips, Trips, and Falls
Food and Liquor
- Minimize risks when handling food products
- Managing risks from food allergens | En Español
- Protecting perishables to prevent food spoilage
- Proper food handling and storage | En Español
- Dram shop liability: Sellers and servers beware
- Liquor liability
Recalls and Warnings
- Kidde recalls smoke alarms and carbon monoxide/smoke alarms
- Kidde recalls 37 million fire extinguishers
- FDA issues advisory on potentially toxic hand sanitizer
- dormakaba recalls delayed egress door locks
Discounted Vendor Partnerships (Sign in to view content)
Browse more loss control articles
More industry resources
Construction | Human services | Manufacturing | Real estate | Food Service | Retail | Senior living | Warehousing
Subscribe to our newsletter for timely content in your inbox